Friday, September 17, 2010

Kuppa @ PI

I hung around at Plaza Indonesia tonight with two of my best friends from college. One of them suggested to eat at Kuppa, a Thailand restaurant. I suggested going to Lan Na Thai instead, another Thai restaurant that was just across the street. However, we ended up going to Kuppa since it was more convenient.

The ambiance was ok. I had never liked the food, but I did not hate it either; it was ok. The only good side was that it was super strategically located in PI and the price was superb, considering it was in PI. I was not in the mood to eat, so I just ordered a dessert.

Both of my friends got the same entree.
Tom Yum Noodle Soup - Rp 42,500
Left: with Chicken. Right: Vegetarian
* I made the collage using www.picnik.com


They actually just offered the Tom Yum Noodle Soup with either Chicken or Seafood. But since one of my friends was vegetarian , Kuppa could accommodate it and changed the chicken to tofu. kuddos for that!

Thai Sweet Roti (around Rp 25,000, not sure)
and Thai Ice Tea (around Rp 27,500)
I used to dislike Kuppa's Thai Ice Tea, but I liked it this time. The Thai Sweet Roti was nice too. It looked like a long sweet spring roll cut into five super tiny pieces.To be honest, I think it was too small :( However, I liked the taste. It was sweet, moreover with the condensed milk over it and it was surprisingly chewy.

Overall, I was not really impressed with the food, but location-wise I might come back again.



Plaza Indonesia, 3rd Floor Unit 19-21
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28 - 30
Jakarta Pusat - Indonesia

2 comments:

  1. hello, just wandered around your blog :)

    anyway kalo kuppa dl ak pernah makan tom yam-nya, entah ada bumbu ap yang buat ak sama kakakku waktu itu sampe batuk-batuk abis makan tom yam-nya...

    salam kenal anyway, nice blog ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for dropping by ^^
    wahh waktu itu aku ga nyobain tom yum nya hehe tp kyny temen2ku gpp sih makannya. mungkin waktu itu salah bkin kali ya dia, kebanyakan bumbu. hihi

    salam kenal juga :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...