Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Loewy

After craving for its melted triple chocolate cake for weeks! (I craved for it after dinner in Riva, but unfortunately, Loewy was full )I finally made it. yay..I had to make a reservation on Monday for dinner on Saturday (Friday was fully booked already). After years, Loewy hadn't lost its charm. I remember back then when it was first opened, even though I called a week early, I was the 40th on the waiting list! It was crazy.

Loewy was crowded as expected, and there were a lot of expats when we were there.
Platter of Escargots - Rp 40k
My friends and I ordered platter of Escargots for appetizer. It was served with sliced baguette. It was good but nothing special, really.
Chicken Confit - Rp80k
I shared the chicken confit with my friend, since we (*cough cough*) were on diet. The chicken was slowly sauteed with green beans and smoked beef. It was really gooddd...the chicken was tender and perfectly seasoned. I could finish the whole meal!
clockwise: Mille Feuille - Rp 35k, Melted Triple Chocolate Cake - Rp 35k,
 Classic Creme Brulee - Rp 35ish
You can choose the filling of the Mille Feuille to be vanilla, chocolate, or hazelnut. We picked hazulnut even though the waiter recommend chocolate filling. It was served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mille Feuille was good, but nothing special. 

anddd here is the reason why I went to Loewy that night: THE melted triple chocolate cake! There were 3 different pieces: white, milk, and dark chocolate cake with those 3 different chocolate fillings, respectively. My favorite was the dark chocolate. I usually ordered mine to be consisted of 2 dark chocolate and 1 milk chocolate. I tend to brush off the white chocolate, since I do not like white chocolate in general. It's too milky to my liking. The cakes were moist with warm chocolate sauce filling inside. It was perfecto!

We also got creme brulee, and it was sooo bad that we couldn't finish it. The taste was too thick, too sweet, and too milky. 'nuff said.
Hot Creme Caramel Tea - Rp 25k, Cotton Candy Cosmopolitan (before) - Rp 75ish,
 Cotton Candy Cosmopolitan (after), Liquid Tiramisu - Rp 80ish
My friend ordered Cotton Candy Cosmopolitan and it was so cute! Basically, they put cotton candy on top of an empty glass I supposed, and then they pour the drink which consisted of vodka, cointreau, fresh lime juice, and cranberry juice on top of it. Right after it, the cotton candy would get flattened.You could see from the "after" picture that the cotton candy just made a sheer coating on top of the drink. The drink itself tasted perfectly mixed of sweet and sour. I loved the taste, and of course the presentation.

However, my favorite drink was Liquid Tiramisu. To me, the alcohol felt stronger in this drink, and it was really sweet at the same time. You could taste the kahlua and there were chocolate bits. 

I love hanging out at Loewy. The food, drink, and dessert are super good; and the place is rather comfie. However, weekend can be overly crowded. Furthermore, the traffic on the way to get in and out of there sucks big time, since there is road work along Casablanca.

Make sure, you make a reservation a few days in advance.



Loewy
Oakwood Premier Cozmo
Jl. Lingkar Mega Kuningan E 4.2 No. 1
Jakarta Selatan
Phone: (021) 2554-2378

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...