Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Manhattan Fish Market

My friend and I was shopping in Grand Indonesia when we suddenly felt hungry. Being bored by Social House and the like, we decided to try something we had not. Then, we came across the Manhattan Fish Market. I heard good reviews about it, so we gave it a try

Fried Country Mushroom in Light size - Rp 26k
We ordered the fried mushroom for the appetizer. We noticed that most of the menu were offered in two different size, regular and light. Well, the Fried Country Mushroom was served with tomato ketchup, chili sauce, and the last one I believed was honey mustard, I could be wrong though. The whole dish was good, but the mushroom itself (without the batter) lacked of taste.

Manhattan Pacific Dory Fish n Chips in Regular - Rp 51k
Manhattan Pacific Cod Fish n Chips in Light - Rp 46k
Ok now, we ordered the same dish, which was Manhattan Fish n Chips, the only differences were the type of fish and the size (as in it isn't obvious!). My friend got the dory fish in regular size, while I went with cod fish as the waiter suggested, but in the light size. When the dish came out, I needed to remind myself why I ordered the light size to begin with -.-' Well, I thought the regular size would be similar to Fish & Co's serving size, which was usually huge! But oh boy, the light size was apparently just ONE thin fish strip! geez...Needless to say, I was still hungry after finishing the whole meal. Later on, the waitress told me that the light size was supposed to be kids' menu.

For the taste, both of them was actually great. Both fishes were tender. My friend and I really love them. However, I think the cod fish one was better seasoned. Well, it could be due to the fact that we ordered it in smaller size, hence, the strong flavor.

Ice Lemon Tea and Ice Tea (Bottomless) - Rp 22k ea
Both drinks are refillable, or bottomless, on their term. I love that more and more restaurants offered their tea to be refillable :D


Overall, I think the food is quite good. But compare to their direct opponent, which I believe is Fish & Co, they are a bit behind. However, they have a lot better price, since their fish & chips is about Rp 60k, while in Fish & Co, it can go for a little more than Rp 100k I believe.



The Manhattan Fish Market
Grand Indonesia
Level 3A, Unit FD 06-06A
Jl. MH Thamrin No. 1
Jakarta Pusat
Ph: (021) 2358-1055

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...