Monday, October 3, 2011

Canton-i, Singapore

I just came back from my Singapore trip, and that got me thinking why don't I share some of my foodie experiences while I was there also? So for the next few days, I'm going to write about some of the food I tried during my Singapore trips in the last few months.

For a couple of different reasons, I have to visit Singapore quite regularly. However, I stayed at Orchard area since my businesses were around the area as well. Therefore, the restaurants that I went were limited to the ones in Orchard area.

Canton-i

Anyway, my family and I were shopping around ION and came across Canton-i. Caught by the cute pink accent and bright light, my mom was eager to try it out.

The Interior

We were there on an early evening on a weekday, so the place as quiet. I love its interior, it's a mixed of Chinese and Peranakan style but on the edgy side. I love how they use bird cage as lamp shade and painted it white to make it more stylish. The main color was white with hot pink accent.

The super cute tableware

I also adore its tableware with little traditional Chinese children playing around pictures printed on it.

Hot and Sour Soup with Scallops in Szechuan Style - S$8.80/bowl

I love hot and sour soup and this one looked yummy, such a nice appetizer I thought. However, it did not taste as good as its look. The soup was too sour and the taste just was not mixed well.

Stir-fried Rice Noodles with Sliced Beef - S$16.80

My mother is a big fan of stir-fried rice noodles a.k.a kewtiauw goreng, so she would order it whenever she had the chance. We loved the rice noodles here. It was tasty and not too sweet. The sliced beef was also tender.

Braised Dried Seafood in Casserole - S$48.80

My parents also loved sea cucumber, or more like they believed that it was good for our health. The pot consisted of fish maw, sea cucumber, mushroom, pacific clam, and broccoli. They gave out big pieces of sea cucumbers just like how my parents loved it. However, the taste was just okay to me.

Sauteed Chinese Chives with Dried Shrimps and
Shredded Dried Cuttlefish - S$16.80

I did not know what Chinese Chives was, but it was sure tasty! I loved it! The cuttlefish was shredded super thinly that it looked like a curly anchovy instead. I loved this dish the most, and I was not a vegetable lover.

Hong Kong Milk Tea - S$4.50

It was okay but I feel like I have to give a shout out for the super cute cup, even though the cup in the menu picture looked a lot cuter :p!

Jasmine Fairy (before and after a couple of minutes) - S$4.00 

It was a mixed of Marigold, Gold Amaranth, and Chrysanthemum tea. We had to wait for a couple of minutes before drinking it to allow the tea flower to "bloom." It looked pretty :)

Lantern Chandelier

Overall, I enjoyed our dinner here. The service was great and I loved looking at its cute decoration and tableware. I heard they served good dim sum, so we will probably come back to try it out :D



Canton-i
ION Orchard #03-14
2 Orchard Turn
Singapore
Ph: (65) 6509 8368
http://www.canton-i.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...